Tour to explore the ancient political sites of Venice with your kids!
Play at the Doge's Palace and discover St. Mark's Basilica!
The tour, though like a game, includes the Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Basilica, the city’s highlights! The stunning architectures, the main works of art and many other curiosities will be the right ingredients for an enthusiastic itinerary suitable to kids and adults of all ages. The tour runs inside the Doge's Palace with its wonderful chambers, to continue with the passage through the Bridge of Sighs and the visit to the Prisons. After that we will see the main monuments of the Square and a quick visit to St. Mark's Basilica in order to see the magnificent mosaics. Educational work-sheets, photos will be used to engage the whole family in an enthusiastic challenge.
The children will be asked to answer questions, to ask for questions and to recognize many details through an engaging game thought for them and their parents. They will learn the basics of the history of the Republic of Venice, its importance through the centuries, the main figures, the role of the doge. They will see great artworks and learn how to find out some characters and symbols. Eventually, they will learn the importance of knowing the ancient history in order to comprehend the present and the respect for the city.
- Modality: Private, on request
- Typology: Cultural
- Location: Venice
- Children ages recommended: 4-6 years, 7-9 years, 10-13 years
- Family Friendly: Trained staff, Educational material for children
- Duration: 2 hours
- Season: All the year
- Participants Max: 6
- Minimum number of participants: 2
- Languages: ITA, ENG
- Included tickets: No
- Skip the line: Not necessary
- Meeting point: At Lion column in San Mark's square
- Notes: Prisons have architectural barriers.
- Code: VE_ancient_political_sites
- Basic price includes: 1 Adult
- Availability: to confirm
- State: Italy
- City: Venice
- Street: San Mark's square
- Zip Code: 30100