The Secrets of Caravaggio Private Tour
Private tour with Kids through the secrets of Caravaggio
Who was Caravaggio? And why was he nicknamed the "light master" or even better the "cursed artist"?
To discover the curiosities of his life, the characteristics of his restless and impetuous nature we have to rely on his works of art... as it appears they speak in his place!
We will follow in this artist's footsteps starting from San Luigi dei Francesi, the National church of France, which preserves three of his most beautiful works in the Contarelli chapel.
We then arrive at St. Augustine church, where inn the left chapel, we will admire the melancholic Pilgrim's Madonna and move on to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Popolo, which houses the Cerasi chapel, and two important paintings of our master, portraying the Conversion of St. Paul and the Crucifixion of St. Peter.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- the history of the life and the secrets of Caravaggio
- historical and artistic details of some of the most important church of Rome
- developing and stimulating curiosity and creativity
- encouraging behaviours aimed at preserving and promoting cultural heritage
- interacting with kids in a common learning context
- Modality: Private, on request
- Typology: Cultural, Walking
- Location: Rome
- Children ages recommended: 0-3 years, 4-6 years, 7-9 years, 10-13 years
- Family Friendly: Trained staff, Educational material for children
- Duration: 2 hours
- Season: All the year
- Participants Max: 14
- Languages: ITA, ENG, ESP
- Included tickets: Not necessary
- Skip the line: Not necessary
- Meeting point: Borghese Square
Tour with a qualified tour guide
Worksheet for children
- Not included: Pick up from/return to the hotel
- Notes: We recommend appropriate clothing to churches, shoulders and legs covered.
- Code: T_RM_04E
- Basic price includes: Private tour up to 4 people
- Availability: to confirm
- State: Italy
- City: Rome
- Street: Via del Colosseo, 1
- Zip Code: 00184