Private tour of Baroque Rome for families
Let's discover the Baroque period of Rome with kids!
Two ingenious artists challenged each other competing through works of art during the Baroque period in Rome… teaching each other… let's discover them with Kids!
Preserved inside the church of Santa Maria della Vittoria (Our Lady of Victory) is the Ecstasy of Saint Theresa, executed by one of the two artists, the most versatile, Gian Lorenzo Bernini.
We will also visit the Church of Saint Charles at the Four Fountains, executed entirely by Francesco Borromini, our second artist who specialized in architecture and we will enter Barberini Palace, where they worked on both.
We will walk past the Quirinal Palace, which became the summer residence of popes after it was extended by Bernini. To complete the tour we will admire the last and very famous sample of the Roman Baroque period: the Trevi Fountain.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- the history of Baroque Rome
- historical and artistic details of some of most important church of Rome
- developing and stimulating curiosity and creativity
- encouraging behaviours aimed at preserving and promoting cultural heritage
- interacting with kids in a common learning context
- Modality: Private, on request
- Typology: Cultural
- Location: Rome
- Children ages recommended: 0-3 years, 4-6 years, 7-9 years, 10-13 years
- Family Friendly: Trained staff, Educational material for children
- Duration: 2 hours
- Season: All the year
- Participants Max: 14
- Languages: ITA, ENG, ESP
- Included tickets: Not necessary
- Skip the line: Not necessary
- Meeting point: Via del Teatro Valle 40
Tour with a qualified tour guide
Worksheet for children
- Not included: Pick up from/return to the hotel
- Notes: We suggest comfortable clothing for the walk and a hat to protect yourself from the sun in summer.
- Code: T_RM_07E
- Basic price includes: Private tour up to 4 people
- Availability: to confirm