Private Tour in Monreale
A picturesque private tour for families to discover Monreale
We will visit the Monreale Duomo, that is one of the most sumptuous example of the so-called Arab-Norman Style, whose itinerary has been recently nominated for recognition as an “Unesco” World Heritage Site.
Built by the Norman King William I, the Church became an important Bishop’s site to balance the religious power of the nearby Palermo Cathedral.
The magnificence of the golden mosaics, decorating the inside, will leave us absolutely astonished.
We will conclude the visit with a pleasant stroll into the elegant Benedictine monastery cloister of the XII century, enriched by inlaid columns and sculptured capitals.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- the history of Normans
- customs and traditions of Sicily
- developing and stimulating curiosity and creativity
- encouraging behaviours aimed at preserving and promoting cultural heritage
- interacting with kids in a common learning context
- Modality: Private, on request
- Typology: Cultural, Walking
- Location: Monreale
- Children ages recommended: 0-3 years, 4-6 years, 7-9 years, 10-13 years
- Family Friendly: Trained staff, Educational material for children
- Duration: 2 hours
- Season: All the year
- Participants Max: 12
- Languages: ITA, ENG, ESP
- Included tickets: No
- Skip the line: Not necessary
Duomo of Monreale
Tour with a qualified tour guide
Worksheet for children
Pick up from/return to the hotel
- Code: T_Si_11E
- Basic price includes: Private tour up to 12 people
- Availability: to be confirmed
- State: Italy
- City: Monreale