Pistachio: the fruit that comes from fire
Visit Bronte, the birthplace of Pistachio
The town of Bronte is known as the birthplace of pistachio, and it’s a shame to leave Sicily without a stop in this rural area, that features a lava landscape on which lush pistachio trees take root.
A visit to a farm will allow us to discern the stages of the processing of this product, whose nickname is "green gold".
We will enjoy the excellent products made with pistachio: creams, cakes, nougats, pesto, spirits and more.
We will do with kids an easy trekking on the slopes of Mount Etna.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- the history of Etna and Pistachio
- developing and stimulating curiosity and creativity
- Modality: Private, on request
- Typology: Cultural, Walking
- Location: Etna
- Children ages recommended: 4-6 years, 7-9 years, 10-13 years
- Family Friendly: Trained staff, Educational material for children
- Duration: 2 hours
- Season: All the year
- Excluded periods: 25 December, 1 January
- Participants Max: 12
- Minimum number of participants: 2
- Languages: ITA, ENG, ESP
- Included tickets: Not necessary
- Skip the line: Not necessary
Bronte - 10 AM
Trekking with a qualified tour guide
Pick up from/return to the hotel
We suggest comfortable clothing, a hat and a jacket
- Code: T_Si_09E
- Basic price includes: Tour up to 2 people
- Availability: to be confirmed
- State: Italy
- City: Bronte