Medieval big game hunting
Bears, lions,mermaids! What are they doing at the Baptistry?
A stroll through Miracle Square observing the Leaning Tower and its decorations.
We shall enter the Cathedral through the main door examining it carefully and then visiting the interior, in order to discover the presence of animals.
We'll visit the Baptistry together and with binoculars we'll analyse the famous "Big game capital" and numerous fanciful animals.
What the children will learn:
- The symbolic meaning of medieval animals
- The difference between modern and medieval education
- The difference between Romanesque and Gothic style
- The use of medieval buildings
- Modality: Private, on request
- Typology: Cultural
- Location: Pisa
- Children ages recommended: 7-9 years
- Family Friendly: Trained staff, Educational material for children
- Duration: 1 hour and half
- Season: All the year
- Participants Max: 14
- Languages: ITA, ENG
- Included tickets: Yes
- Skip the line: Not necessary
Fontana dei Putti - Piazza dei Miracoli - 10.30 AM
Tour with a qualified tour guide
Binoculars for kids
Pick up to/from Hotel
- Notes: Trolley are not allowed Accessible to the disabled and stroller
- Code: T_Battistero_PI
- Basic price includes: Up to 4 people
- Availability: to be confirmed
- State: Italy
- City: Pisa
- Street: Via Enrico Fermi 9B