Discover the treasures of Torcello with your children
Visit with your children Torcello, the oldest island in Venice lagoon and discover its treasures!
Torcello is, according to tradition, the oldest of all Venetian Islands, founded in the 7th century by refugees escaping the barbarian army and finding shelter in the calm environment of the lagoon.
With its present 21 inhabitants it seems impossible to imagine that the island of Torcello was once a thriving city with a population of 25.000 and palaces, markets, a bishop and a magnificent cathedral.
With this unique tour we will discover the antique Treasures of Torcello: the Devil's Bridge, the Baptistery, the Church of Santa Fosca, the little chapel of San Marco and the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, with particular attention to the stunning golden mosaics that cover the interiors and make this church one of the best kept secrets of northern Italy.
- Modality: Private, on request
- Typology: Cultural
- Location: Torcello
- Children ages recommended: 4-6 years, 7-9 years, 10-13 years
- Family Friendly: Trained staff
- Duration: 1 hour and half
- Season: All the year
- Excluded periods: Monday,Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- Participants Max: 12
- Languages: ITA, ENG
- Included tickets: Yes
- Skip the line: Not necessary
- Meeting point: Public boat station in Torcello
Tour with a qualified tour guide
Skip-the-line ticket to the Cathedral included
Pick up from/return to the hotel
- Code: E_Tour_Torcello
- Basic price includes: 1 Adult
- Availability: to confirm
- State: Italy
- City: Torcello